To All Incoming "Fantastic First Grade Parents/Students"!
Listed below are ideas and activities that will help your child review, reinforce, and retain K-5 skills to help prepare them for first grade.
Please encourage your child to continue with those activities that will be reflective of the skills that your child will need to maintain a strong foundation to begin first grade:
- Math and ELA skills-Access games on line/abcya.com, Starfall.com
- Journal Writing with illustrations
- Write stories with details and illustrations
- Read-set aside time each day to read and discuss/Focus on Phonics and Sight Word Review
- Play board games and put puzzles together to enhance problem solving skills
I hope you will all have a terrific summer. I am looking forward to a great year next year with my new students.
Regards, Marlene Baccaro